The purpose of the Cardinal Drive Church of Christ is to glorify God. We seek to attain this end through the public worship of God, the preaching of the Scriptures, consistent Christian living by our members, personal evangelism, missionary effort and through Christian education (Ephesians 1:5-14; Colossians 1:9-10; Matthew 5:16; 1 Peter 2:9-12).
We accept the scriptures as our only authority in matters of faith and practice. Our interpretation of Bible doctrine leads us to believe:
- The Scripture of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God and is the final authority in all matters of faith and doctrine. [Psalm 119:105; 2 Timothy 3:16-17]
- God, the Father, is the Creator and sovereign ruler over all things. [Genesis 1:1, 26, 27; Psalm 103:19]
- Jesus Christ born of the virgin, Mary, being fully God and fully man, died for our sins and rose from the grave. [Luke 1:26-27 & 35, Acts 2:22-24, Philippians. 2:5-11, Colossians, 1:21-22 & I Corinthians 15:3-6]
- The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. He lives within, empowers, sanctifies, and unites believers. [Acts 2:38, 1 Corinthian. 6:11, 19-20, John 16:13-15, 2 Corinthians 13:14]
- God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. [Genesis 1:26-27]
- Marriage is a lifelong covenant relationship between one man and one woman that uniquely reflects Christ’s relationship with His Church. Intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within the marriage relationship. [Genesis 2:18-25, Matthew 19:4-6, Ephesians 5:21-33, 1 Corinthians 7:2]
- All mankind was created in the image of God, sinned, falls short of the glory of God and are helpless to save themselves. Salvation comes to us by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Saving faith is seen in repentance, confession of Christ’s lordship, and baptism. [Romans 3:23, Hebrews 1:3, John 3:16-18, Romans 10:9-10, Acts 2:38-39, Romans 6:3-4 & Colossians. 2:11-12]
- The church is God’s family on earth, of which Jesus Christ is the head. The mission of the church is to preach the good news of Jesus Christ to all the world. [1 Timothy 3:14-15, Ephesians 1:22-23 & 5:2, Matthew 28:18-20]
- The ordinances of the Church, given by our Lord, are Baptism and Communion. [Acts 2:38, Luke 22:19-23, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26]
- In the existence of a personal devil, who is still working in the world to destroy the souls of men, and that he and all his angels and all who do not trust in Jesus Christ as their Savior will eternally perish in the lake of fire. [Mark 4:15, Luke 22:31-32, 1 Corinthians 5:5, 2 Corinthians 11:13-14, Revelation 12:9, 20:15, 21:8]
- God will bring the world to an end, sending Jesus Christ back to bring His followers to heaven and bringing the unbelieving to judgment. [1 Thessalonians 4:14-17, Luke 12:5, 2 Timothy 4:1, Hebrews 9:27]
Statement on Marriage and Sexuality
We believe that God has ordained marriage and defined it as the covenant relationship between a man and a woman, and therefore the Cardinal Drive Church of Christ will only recognize marriages between one biological man and one biological woman. Genesis 2:18-25, Matthew 19:4-6, Ephesians 5:21-33, 1 Corinthians 7:2. This Statement on Marriage and Sexuality specifically gives the Cardinal Drive Church of Christ the right and authority to restrict the use of Church facilities and property to uses consistent with the Bible, with its Statement of Faith and Statement on Marriage and Sexuality, as solely determined by the Cardinal Drive Church of Christ. Further, the ministers and staff of the Cardinal Drive Church of Christ shall only participate in weddings and solemnize marriages between one man and one woman, and the facilities and property of the Cardinal Drive Church of Christ shall only host weddings between one man and one woman.
Facility Usage Policy Provision
The Cardinal Drive Church of Christ’s property and facilities may be used only for purposes consistent with the Church’s doctrinal beliefs as reflected in the Bible and the Church’s Statement of Faith, including its Statement on Marriage and Sexuality. Property and facility use will not be permitted to persons or groups holding, advancing, or advocating beliefs or practices that conflict with the Cardinal Drive Church of Christ’s religious teachings as reflected in the Bible and the Church’s Statement of Faith, including its Statement on Marriage and Sexuality. The Cardinal Drive Church of Christ’s CHURCH BOARD of ELDERS shall be the final decision-making authority regarding whether any proposed facility/property use is in conformity to the Church’s doctrinal beliefs.